| Patch Notes
- Hordes on Overrun levels will now increase in number each round
- Skeletons can now have their color changed by elixirs or toxic waste
- Adjusted several survivor Rescue levels to make them less constricting in regards to making combo matches
- Added four new food items that can be looted or scavenged
- Placed a five second time out on all database requests
- Significantly lowered the amount of xp required to gain badge ranks
- Added new music for Harvest levels and used the previous music for Extermination levels
- When clicking the close button on dialogs, all previously open dialogs will close. Clicking outside the dialog will show the previous dialog
- Adjusted coin packages and prices to properly reflect the pricing tiers of the app store
- Increased the size of loot spawning from treasure chests
- Swapped the Piglet avatar with Kevins avatar, so the Piglet can now be rescued in the Farm zone
- Sewer grates on bonus level will now correctly render in front of the grid background
- Lowered the cost of Skull Keys in the store, and reduced the amount of coins dropped from rats
- Opening the Exit Dialog will now close the Settings Dialog, and vice versa
- Corrected spelling and grammar for all NPC dialogues
- Fixed a bug that was causing in-app purchases to not be consumed when purchased from the Google Play store
- Fixed a bug when a survivor was killed and the player runs out of bombs on the same turn, they were able to purchase more bombs to continue.
- Fixed a bug where attempting to replay a level by watching an ad, would cause the game to get stuck. When no internet connection was available
- Fixed a bug where the Victory Dialog wasn't showing after beating a friends highscore. When previously not ranked on the leader board
- Fixed a bug that was preventing highscores from being displayed when entering the world map
- Fixed a bug that was preventing bosses from dropping the complimentary Skull Key from the boss chest
- Fixed a bug that was causing skeletons to emit the wrong colored soul charges
- Fixed a bug that caused zombies hit with 2 different damage types simultaneously, to show both death particle fx
Notes: v1.0 beta
- On survivor levels, the path slots that contain a lever will now always be set to on.
- Added a glow effect for skeletons when a match is made with them.
- Added Bubbling Cauldrons, which are random drop objects. When destroyed, they charge a power node to full.
Cauldrons are rainbow colored (wild card) when creating matches. The color of the power that gets charged up, is the color of the cauldrons glow when matched.
- Added Cultist Fanatics to levels 80+, which are colorless and explode when near a Survivor, a Treasure Chest, or a Players empowered bomb.
- Added levels 81-100, balanced the goals, highscores, and mechanices for all these levels.
- All boss battles now take place on the usual 9x9 grid as opposed to a 9x7 grid.
- The number of gavels he spawns increases by 1 every cycle. The countdowns on them have been increased, to allow more time to destroy them.
- When he casts a verdict it places a colored orb on the grid. If the player hits the orb it will explode flipping tablets to guilty.
The longer a Verdict remains on the grid the more tablets it will effect.
- Destroying verdicts now silences the Executioner for a single turn.
- Dousing a Verdict with an elixir will change its color and reset its range back to 1.
- Highlighting the verdict on the grid will highlight its slot range in red.
The Grand Summoner:
- Cultists will spawn on the bottom row every turn, and move up one slot per turn.
- When a Cultist reaches the top row it will be absorbed into a portal, igniting one of the braziers.
When all six braziers are lit the ritual is complete and the gateway to the otherworld is opened.
The Player must prevent this from happening by killing the Cultists before they reach the portals.
- The Summoner will protect the Cultists by casting a shield on them, allowing them to take an extra hit.
- He also casts a bone wall which places 3 consecutive skull piles in a row.
Implemented the Unity Ads SDK
- Overhauled the avatars window. Avatars are now listed with their portrait, name and bonus. Clicking on them will show an ID card popup, giving more detailed information, aswell as the option to switch avatars.
- Instead of a 12 hour timer on switching avatars, it now costs Fatcat coins. When new avatars are unlocked the player can switch immediately without cost.
- The skip button on NPC dialogues now flushes speech text to the window. Instead of skipping directly to the next speech.
- Continued to add and adjust written dialogues and tutorial speeches.
- Changed the layout of the goal dialog information, and added a second icon so that levels with multiple goals can display both icons.
- Updated the descriptions of boosters in the store dialogs.
- Added a settings menu in options to Reset Progress, Logout of facebook, Rate Us on the app store, and restore non-consumable purchases.
Resetting progress will reset the Players current stage back to 1, but will keep all items and boosters.
- The world map is now covered by a dark fog. As the Player makes their way through the world, the darkness is uncovered.
- The vertical scroll position of the world map is now clamped to a smaller bounding box. This allows the avatar to be close to the edges without being clipped.
- The grid sliding animation now looks the same across all screen resolutions.
- Optimized texture atlases, texture sizes and texture compression for mobile devices.
Implemented the Unity in-app purchasing SDK
- Added buttons to the level entry dialog, which gives players the option to spend 20 energy or watch an ad to enter the level.
- Removed the 24 hour timer on energy regeneration. Instead of waiting 24 hours to continue playing, players can now watch an ad to enter the level.
- When returning to the world map after completing a level, if the player did not obtain a gold star, they are forced to watch an ad.
- When losing a level the player is forced to watch an ad.
Integrated the Facebook SDK
- Forced ads can be removed by purchasing the upgraded version of the game. The upgrade also doubles the amount of energy received from food.
- After watching an optional ad, the Player has the option to purchase an upgrade, which doubles their max energy to 200.
Purchasing these two upgrades will provide the player with a significant amount of energy to continue playing the game.
- Implemented a highscore database which saves the top 100 scores for each level.
- When first starting the game, players are now asked to enter a name which will be displayed on the leader boards.
- Implemented a profanity filter when inputting a name.
- Logging into facebook displays friends on the leader board using their profile name and pic.
- Only facebook friends will see eachothers name and profile pics, everyone else sees the in-game avatar pic and the input name.
- The players current rank is shown at the bottom of the leader board aswell as a button to connect to facebook.
- Clicking the friends button at the bottom of the leader board will open a window with a list of facebook friends that also have Bombs'n Zombies installed.
- When defeating a level, the players rank is checked to see if they surpassed any of their friends. This will show a complimentary dialog allowing the player to share their victory on facebook.
- Fixed texture compression on android, which resulted in out of memory crashes.
- Fixed a bug that was causing leader board rankings to display incorrectly ranked players.
- Fixed a bug that was miss counting skull piles as skeletons on the Extermination levels.
- Fixed a bug on Overrun levels that was causing an inconsistent amount of zombies to spawn when highlighting a Shrieker.
- Fixed a bug where clicking a treasure chest at the start of level, before the tutorial was shown, would prevent the tutorial speech from showing.
- Fixed flickering that was occurring on the points multiplier text when it was fading, and the value changed.
- Added an animation effect to the grid and score panel, so they slide in from off screen, at the start of combat.
- Created ID cards for all the avatars. Each avatar now has a description, and their own special attribute which gives bonuses.
- Survivors have been reorganized based on the bonus that they give. Added a 12 hour timer to switching avatars.
- Added a new actor for the Crypt zone named the Prisoner.
- Wrote new dialogues and updated old ones, for actors and the tutorial.
- Increased the collision radius on sledge hammers, to make rats easier to hit on IOS platform.
- Inorder to make Mushroom harvest levels less randomized and more strategic, Water Buckets have been changed. They are now preplaced in specific locations, are immovable and corlorless.
Mushroom harvest levels have all been adjusted in regards to this change.
- Created and balanced levels 61 thru 80.
- Added the 4th unique boss on level 80. The Executioner.
Many new mechanics were added for this fight.
Added tablets of justice terrain objects, which when hit by explosions will flip over to innocence side. When hit by the Executioners verdicts, will flip over to the guilty side.
Gavels are placed on the grid by the Executioner. The gavels have a countdown timer, when reaching zero will cause all tablets on the grid to flip over to guilty.
When all tablets are flipped to innocent the Prisoner is freed. When all tablets are flipped to guilty the Prisoner is executed.
Added sound fx, particles and animations for the Executioner.
- Fixed a bug where the Vampire could sometimes not be found inside any coffins.
- Fixed a crash bug when the Players health was completely drained, just before the Vampire was hit by an explosion.
- Fixed a bug when a scavenged booster landed on the backpack it would cause the game to crash.
- Fixed a bug when after losing a level, and attempting to replay it. If the Player had no energy, instead of getting a dialog window to buy food, the game would crash.
- Added a dialog window when opening bonus hatches, that displays the current cooldown time.
- Added a skip button to speech dialogs.
- Added a restart button to the main menu, which will reset progress. Coins and boosters do not get reset.
- Points text now has its size and duration increased by the amount of points earned.
- Fixed collision with rats so hitting them with sledge hammers is more accurate.
- Fixed item horizontal movement so it is more fluid and consistent.
- Adjusted the drop mechanism for Shriekers, gunpowder and water buckets. They now drop more predictably and consistently.
- On overrun levels, players will now be warned of an approaching horde in advance.
- Skeletons are no longer colorless, however they do not glow when a match is made, and their color can only be distinguished with their eyes.
- Rebalanced levels 20 thru 60. The number of bombs, and bronze/silver/gold star scores better match the level difficulty.
Added gun powder drops to many of these levels, which adds an additional strategy element, and gives them a bit of flare.
- Added the 3rd unique boss on level 60. The Grave Diggers Master.
Many new mechanics were added for this fight.
Added dirt terrain that can be blown up to reveal coffins underneath.
Coffins act like crates, but take up 2 grid slots. When both halves of the coffin are broken, 1 of 3 items will spawn.
The first is a vampire bat, which flys over and damages the players health.
The second is a medikit which can be clicked on when needed, to emit a bloodpack that heals player health.
The third is the vampire master. He immediatley begins siphoning the players health, until he is hit by an explosion.
- Added text to the combat panel that displays the current level number.
- Points text now has its outline color set to bronze, silver, or gold, based on the combo multiplier.
- Added an indicator arrow to scrolling levels which shows the Player how far along they are in the level.
- Seperated the tutorial into storyline elements, which are discussed on the world map, and combat tips which are discussed during a level.
- Revamped the tutorial, adjusted levels and dialogue to make the tutorial more interesting for new Players.
- Added characters to the world map, that can come up and talk to you.
- Added a specialty vendor to the world map, that offers boosters at discounted rates.
- Avatars are now unlocked by rescuing survivors or getting certain achievements.
- Badges now start at rank 0 and max at rank 5.
- Survivor pathing has been made much more consistent.
- Survivors now walk along wooden bridges. The player must hit the platforms with bombs inorder to raise them up.
- The survivors follow the bridge as long as there are no obstacles blocking their way.
- Raised bridges will stay up for 3 turns, and then collapse back down.
- All items can now fall diagonally between walls, and will move horizontally to fill in empty slots.
- Orbs will no longer form empowered bombs in slots that have raised platforms, or raised spikes.
- Running out of color matches on Overrun levels now causes zombies to spawn from the top, until a match is found, or the Player is overrun.
- Shriekers will now continue to spawn new mobs for as long as they are highlighted.
- Added a small chance for Golden Rats to spawn on bonus levels. Golden Rats drop a lot more coins than Grey Rats, giving the player a chance of scoring big.
- To prevent over farming of bonus levels, the hatches are now on a 12 hour timer.
- When out of bombs, and no matches are possible, you are no longer given the option to purchase 5 more bombs.
- Atomic Bombs will now highlight all grid slots except walls. Because they are fire damage they will no longer bust shields or mystery crates that are not red.
- Sledge Hammers can now be used to bust open any color mystery crate.
- Dousing Gunpowder or Tnt with water now makes it wet, rendering it inert.
- Added skull piles to levels in the Crypt. Skull piles will spawn skeletons in surrounding slots whenever they are hit.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the game to hang when no more matches were available.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the game to hang when a Shrieker was highlighted several times in a single turn by different bombs.
- Fixed a bug with Toxic Waste not morphing zombies that were spawned by Shriekers.
- Fixed a bug where garbage piles could be clicked on multiple times for a reward.
- Fixed a bug where slots would remain highlighted during a Master Blast.
- Fixed a bug when replaying the Farmers Daughter. The bear colors removed during the first time played would still be gone when starting a new round.
- Added new functionality to the UI, players can now click anywhere outside of a dialog window to close it.
- Updated graphics for the badges dialog window.
- Badge ranks are now awarded when entering the world map, after gaining the required amount of xp in combat.
- Added an avatar portrait selection window.
- Players can change their avatar by clicking an unlocked portrait.
- New avatars can be acquired from getting a certain number of gold stars.
- Added a gold star counter for the Avatars dialog window, which shows the players current number of gold stars.
- Added 2 new avatar portraits.
- Updated the store backgrounds, and added ropes along the top that they hang from.
- Slightly adjusted the layout of store items.
- When purchasing boosters in combat, the counter now updates immediately, instead of when the store closed.
- Added Fatcat Games logo to the credits screen.
- Changed the activation time on power ups. They can now only be cast when the grid is still. They count as a turn, and will activate spike traps, grid scrolling etc...
- The grid now has control over the state of traps. This ensures when new traps are spawned that they are in the correct state.
- Reorganized particle fx to save on memory by not creating excessive amounts of particle fx during load.
- Reorganized items to save on memory by not creating excessive amounts of items during load.
- Seperated boss level items so they are not loaded on levels that don't use them.
- Spike traps now lower at the start of a turn, and raise at the end of a turn. This prevents survivors from being stuck behind raised spikes, when the trap they are standing on is about to trigger.
- Fixed several timing issues which were causing the game to hang.
- Fixed a bug when Shriekers call for help and were destroyed immediately after. This would prevent slots from being filled.
- Fixed a bug with the auto match finder not being restarted after a tutorial popup window.
- Fixed a bug in scrolling levels, where the auto match finder wouldn't identify a match in rows that had previously been scrolled.
- On scrolling levels, fixed a bug where spikes traps were not visible, but could still do damage.
- Completed the graphics overhaul to the store.
- Changed the "select" image for all items that were using a stroke effect for it.
- Empowered fire bombs now blow up 3x3 slots in the center in addition to their regular shape. Added the particle fx for it.
- Lightning bombs will now refract off walls. Same as when hitting the grids edge, it will go either vertical or horizontal from that point on.
- Acid bombs secondary row is now selected using the direction from the initiating explosive.
- When dragging and dropping an empowered acid bomb, the current mouse movement direction is used.
- Wind bombs secondary column is now selected using the direction from the initiating explosive.
- When dragging and dropping an empowered wind bomb, the current mouse movement direction is used.
- All bombs particle fx were revamped, to prevent them from coming up short. Fully optimized them for speed and efficiency.
- Changed the way explosive highlighting works. Before when chaining bombs together, the last bomb would overwrite the highlight color.
- Now when you highlight slots, the first bomb color will stay. Except for rainbow and colorless items which highlight white. They will be overwritten by colored highlights.
- Can no longer cast powers during Master Blast. Added popup message to inform the player of this.
- Changed the way spike traps operate. They now have 3 states, closed, open, and active.
- They will alternate states with their neighbouring spike traps.
- Their state goes to the next state every turn.
The Farmers Daughter:
- Added levels 41-47 and level 59 which was originally designed for for 48 but bumped it due to the difficulty.
- Added time bombs on Level 46.
- Added dirt patches, which require water buckets to explode on them, changing them to a mushroom patch. Starting at Level 43.
- Added water buckets with and a particle fx for the water explosion.
- Added the mushroom harvest projectile.
- Added new sounds for all of these items.
- Reorganized the code for crates, hay bales, tree stumps. They are now automatically chosen, based on the levels zone.
- For instance Hucklebury always has crates, the Farm will always have hay bales, and the Forest will always have tree stumps. Except if the level is a Supplies Cache level, then its always crates that are used.
- Did the same thing for walls. Hucklebury is brickwalls, Farm is stone walls, and the Crypt is ruin walls.
- Added a second bonus level in the Forest zone.
- Added new graphics for teddy bears and demon bears.
- Adjusted the starting amount of souls she casts from 1 to 2.
- Can no longer change her color and hit her on the same turn.
- Fixed her glow to properly display the current color of the doll.
- When teddy bears get to zero health, the teddy bears border will flash red.
- When a teddy bear is killed the background in the UI dialog will flash red.
- Added a fill meter that shows the current percentage of demon bears occupying the grid. When it reaches 100% its game over.
- Her over all functionality and timing has been improved.
- Lowered the drop rate on boosters from chests and scavenges.
- Can now loot multiple chests on the grid simultaneously.
- Can no longer loot chests during Master Blast. Added a popup message to inform the player of this.